Climate Change facts and science explained in under 2 minutes.
Support me on Patreon: http://bit.ly/2iz4lIV
1. Cook et al 2013 has come under increased scrutiny over the last couple years, and has some critical flaws. That being said, the results of multiple surveys of different size and method point to a growing consensus that climate change is real and very likely human caused.
You can read more on Cook et al and scientific consensus on climate change here: https://hiizuru.wordpress.com/2014/09/03/campaign-of-deception/
As well as here: http://www.factcheck.org/2015/09/santorums-climate-consensus-claims/
2. There is still debate on what exactly caused the mass extinction at the end of the Permian period. Theories point to a large meteor strike, volcanic eruption, or runaway greenhouse emissions as the leading cause of death. (Also, I mistakenly implied that ice core records go back 250 million years. They don't. Ice records really only go back 800,000 years.)
You can read more about the Permian-Triassic extinction here:
Sources and Useful Links:
1. CO2 Count: https://www.co2.earth
2. What does past climate change tell us about global warming?: https://skepticalscience.com/climate-change-little-ice-age-medieval-warm-period-intermediate.htm
3. NASA on Climate Change: http://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/global-temperature/
4. NOAA on climate: http://www.noaa.gov/climate
5. A digestible intro by Bill Nye: https://youtu.be/EtW2rrLHs08
6. 50 Simple Things: http://www.earthguardians.org/50simplethings/
Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0