Dr. Manishika Jain explains NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) & IQAC
What is NAAC?
National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Autonomous body established by UGC to assess and accredit institutions of higher education in the country
It is an outcome of the recommendations of the NPE, 1986 which laid special emphasis on upholding the quality of higher education in India
NAAC was established in 1994 with its headquarters at Bangalore.
Aim is to make quality the defining element of higher education in India by combination of self and external quality evaluation, promotion and sustenance initiatives.
• To arrange for periodic assessment and accreditation of institutions of higher education or units thereof, or specific academic programs or projects
• To stimulate the academic environment for promotion of quality of teaching-learning and research in higher education institutions
• To encourage self-evaluation, accountability, autonomy and innovations in higher education
• To undertake quality-related research studies, consultancy and training programs
• To collaborate with other stakeholders of higher education for quality evaluation, promotion and sustenance
NET paper 1 - https://www.examrace.com/CBSE-UGC-NET/CBSE-UGC-NET-FlexiPrep-Program/Postal-Courses/Examrace-CBSE-UGC-NET-Paper-I-Series.htm
#5MinuteVideo #NETExpectedQuestions #NTANET
MCQs - https://www.doorsteptutor.com/Exams/UGC/Paper-1/
Examrace is number 1 education portal for competitive and scholastic exam like UPSC, NET, SSC, Bank PO, IBPS, NEET, AIIMS, JEE and more. We provide free study material, exam & sample papers, information on deadlines, exam format etc. Our vision is to provide preparation resources to each and every student even in distant corders of the globe.
Dr. Manishika Jain served as visiting professor at Gujarat University. Earlier she was serving in the Planning Department, City of Hillsboro, Hillsboro, Oregon, USA with focus on application of GIS for Downtown Development and Renewal. She completed her fellowship in Community-focused Urban Development from Colorado State University, Colorado, USA.