👉 Subscribe here: http://bit.ly/2xMQLbS
🕊️ Follow us on Twitter: http://bit.ly/2xAQklN
💙 Like us on Facebook for free event tickets: http://bit.ly/2xPfjkh
📷 Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram: http://bit.ly/2eHmfJp
Get the presentation slides here: http://bit.ly/2r0rmIA
Find out more about us: http://bit.ly/2xZiqqc 💻
As Product Managers and aspiring product managers, learning is all part of the process. That doesn't change if you've been a PM for one day or ten years.
This session focused on the lessons Neha Monga, Head of Product for global marketplace pricing at Amazon, has learned from launching products over her 10+ years long career as a product manager.
1. Launch a lot - get better at product launches by doing it often and developing pattern matching.
2. Short term vs. long term - have an idea of what the North Star looks like, but launch intermediate stages that create value for customers and still allows you to validate hypotheses.
3. One-way door vs. two-way door - maximize your optionality. Some launches are a one way door and can never be reversed. Others are two-way doors. Try to create more two-way doors.
4. Have a plan - pivot, double down, abandon. Know what you are looking for from the launch - what decisions and what are the next steps.
5. What are you doing to make the launch a success - releasing a product isn’t good enough. What are you trying to do to actually get - adoption, awareness? Have a strong GTM plan.
Neha Monga is currently Head of Product for global marketplace pricing at Amazon. Prior to Amazon, she held multiple product positions at Expedia, Microsoft and Zynga. Outside of work, she loves to travel (6 continents and 34 countries so far) and play squash.
We host product management, data and coding events every week in Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Orange County and New York. Click here to see what we have coming up: http://bit.ly/2vTpUdx
Product School is the world’s first tech business school. We offer certified Product Management, Coding, and Data courses; our instructors are real-world managers working at top tech companies such as Google, Facebook, Snapchat, Airbnb, LinkedIn, PayPal, and Netflix.
Our classes are part-time, designed to fit into your work schedule, and the campuses are located in Silicon Valley, San Francisco, New York, Orange County and Los Angeles.
Product leaders from local top tech companies visit Product School campuses each week. Through lectures, panel discussions, and a variety of other forums, the world’s top product managers visit Product School to provide invaluable real-world insights into critical management issues.
If you want to become a product manager in 8 weeks, see our upcoming courses here: http://bit.ly/2xZiqqc
📓 The Product Book has arrived! Learn how to become a great Product Manager. On sale for a limited time. Get your copy here: http://amzn.to/2uJqg9A